SIMPLE, AFFORDABLE, PAINLESS WAY TO PREVENT CAVITIES
Dental Sealants Warrnambool
Dental sealants are plastic tooth-coloured coatings that are painted on the grooves of the back teeth to protect them from decay.
Dental sealants, also called fissure sealants, are dental treatments intended for preventing tooth decay. Sealants are thin, clear or tooth-coloured coating applied to the surface of the teeth. This coating covers each tooth and seeps into any grooves to help protect against cavities.
This protective layer keeps food and bacteria from getting stuck into the tiny grooves of the teeth that can cause decay. The procedure can be conducted by your dentist and dental hygienist.
The factors of getting fissure sealants are individual to patients or teeth that are a high risk of dental caries.
This includes patients with:
- A history of dental caries
- Deep retentive pits and fissures
- Poor oral hygiene
- Early signs of dental caries
- Poor plaque control
- Enamel defect, such as enamel hypoplasia
- Orthodontic appliances
How do Dental Sealants work?
Think of them as protective layers for your teeth. When the cavity-causing bacteria that thrive in everyone’s mouth meet leftover food particles, they produce acids that can make holes in teeth.
These holes are cavities. After a dental sealant has been applied, it keeps bits of food out and stops bacteria and acid from settling on your teeth—just like a raincoat keeps you clean and dry during a heavy rainfall.
Dental Sealants Application
The fissure sealant application is a simple procedure that can be performed by your Warrnambool dentist.
- Teeth are cleaned and dried thoroughly, as food residue and saliva can prevent the sealant from sticking to the tooth.
- The surface of the tooth is rinsed with gel acid or a chemical solution, to ensure that the sealant sticks to the tooth.
- An adhesive is then applied below the sealant.
- The dental sealant is applied.
- Depending on the type of sealant, a special light may be used to cure the material.
- The liquid sealant forms a protective barrier on the tooth surface.
- The bite is checked, and excess material is polished away.
Your Warrnambool dentist recommends check-ups twice a year so that tooth decay or sealant loss or damage can be monitored.
A sealed tooth doesn’t necessarily need any routine changes at home or changes in one’s diet.
Although fissure sealants help with preventing decay on the back teeth, generally, it is essential to brush and floss your teeth properly and avoid the factors that can lead to tooth decay.
Dental Sealants at Warrnambool Dental
Dental sealant treatments at Warrnambool Dental are guaranteed easy, safe, and beneficial to our patients. They are proven effective in preventing tooth decay and other dental problems.
Your trusted Warrnambool dentist is ready to guide you in every step of the way!
Call us on (03) 5562 4433 or visit us at 454A Raglan Parade in Warrnambool.
Listed below are the most commonly asked questions we receive from our patients.
Your Title Goes Here
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.