DENTAL RESTORATIONS TO REPLACE MISSING TEETH FOR A BETTER AND COMPLETE SMILE
Inlays and Onlays Warrnambool
Inlays and onlays are the way to save your teeth from developing severe damages that can affect your oral health.
Inlays and onlays aim to replace lost or damaged tooth structures with artificial materials that possess biological, physical, and functional characteristics similar to natural teeth.
Inlays and onlays are required when teeth are weakened and extensively restored.
Inlays are used instead of fillings to replace a small amount of structure loss due to tooth decay. Like fillings, inlays fit inside the tooth.
Onlays also fit inside the tooth but extend to the chewing surface of a back tooth to replace one or more cusps.
Benefits of Inlays and Onlays
The following are the benefits of inlays and onlays:
- Minimal removal of tooth enamel is required
- They last longer than the other procedure like dental fillings
- They do not expand and move around unlike fillings do when exposed to changes in the temperature
- They are more stain-resistant compared to other dental restoration
The Inlay and Onlay Procedure
Getting an inlay and/or onlay for your tooth usually takes two dental appointments.
- Once your Warrnambool dentist has evaluated that you are an ideal candidate for the treatment, the affected tooth is prepared.
- The affected part of the tooth is removed, and the tooth is properly cleaned.
- Your Warrnambool dentist takes an impression of the tooth, which is sent to a dental laboratory for the fabrication of the restoration.
- A temporary restoration is attached in place to cover the tooth while your inlay/onlay is being manufactured.
- During your second appointment, the finished direct composite resin is bonded and fitted into place.
Dental Restorations in Warrnambool
If you have one or more teeth that are worn, damaged, or infected by a cavity, Warrnambool Dental can fix it with custom-made, lifelike dental restorations, like inlays and onlays.
Call us on (03) 5562 4433 or visit us at 454A Raglan Parade in Warrnambool.
Listed below are the most commonly asked questions we receive from our patients.
Your Title Goes Here
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
When do you need restoration?
What are inlays and onlays?
Are inlays and onlays safe?
How are inlays and onlays different from fillings and crowns?
Do inlays and onlays need special care?
How long do inlays and onlays last? With proper care and regular dental visits to your dentist, inlays and onlays generally do not need to be replaced for 20 to 30 years.