LASER USE IN DENTISTRY
Leading Dental Practice in Warrnambool
Creating smiles with the most advanced technology and innovation with Laser Dentistry.
Laser Dentistry Warrnambool
Laser dentistry is a relatively new treatment that can enhance and accelerate the quality and speed of dental procedures.
The procedure is painless and is not harmful to the oral tissue or teeth. When appropriate, it can be used in combination with, or as a substitute for, cosmetic dentistry.
LASER stands for “light amplification by the stimulated emission of radiation.”
The instrument creates light energy in a very narrow and focused beam. This laser light produces a reaction when it hits tissue, allowing it to remove or shape the tissue.
Types of Lasers Used in Dentistry
The two types of lasers dentists use during laser procedures are hard tissue and soft tissue lasers.
Each laser utilises a different wavelength that makes it appropriate for cutting into that certain type of tissue. This works because each kind of tissue absorbs light wavelengths in different ways.
By altering the light’s wavelength, scientists have figured out how to craft lasers with light wavelengths compatible with the tissues in your mouth.
Be sure that you will receive the best treatment & experience.
Be assured that our Warrnambool team shall provide you with The Right Choices.
We are committed to excellence in dental care & service.
Reasons to Choose Us
Creating the Best Experience
Find Out Why Our Clients Are Smiling
For Your Convenience
Easy Parking in CBD
Dr Nishant Hurria
Smile Now, Pay Later
Start Smiling Now!
Claim From Health Funds.
Easy Setup at practice.
Smile with Full Confidence!
“Quality is never an accident; it is the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction and skilful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.”
Benefits of Laser Dentistry
- Procedures performed using soft tissue dental lasers may not require sutures (stitches).
- Certain procedures do not require anaesthesia.
- Minimises bleeding because the high-energy light beam aids in the clotting (coagulation) of exposed blood vessels, thus inhibiting blood loss.
- Bacterial infections are minimised because the high-energy beam sterilises the area being worked on.
- Damage to surrounding tissue is minimised.
- Wounds heal faster, and tissues can be regenerated.
What Laser Dentistry Can Treat
Most issues laser dentistry treats are related to the gums. Some of these include:
- Canker sore and cold sore pain treatments
- Treating root canal infections
- Treating gum disease
- Removing gum inflammation
- Gum reshaping
- Exposing wisdom teeth
- Removing throat tissue that causes sleep apnoea
- Regenerating damaged nerves
- Removing benign oral tumours
Procedures Involving Laser Dentistry
Lasers may be used in a number of other dental procedures, including laser tooth whitening, setting restorative materials such as crowns or fillings, and detecting tooth decay.
Before considering any type of dental laser therapy, speak with your Warrnambool dentist to determine if laser treatment is right for you.
Occasions that may call for laser dentistry include:
- Colouring of gum tissue for cosmetic purposes.
- Crown resizing. This procedure reshapes both gum tissue and bone for healthier tooth structure, which helps with placing restorations on the teeth.
- Periodontal treatment. Lasers are used to reshape gums and remove bacteria during root canal procedures.
- Frenectomy. Patients with a thick or tight frenulum (the fold of skin under the front part of the tongue that anchors to the mouth floor) may benefit from a laser frenectomy. This treatment helps children whose restricted frenulum causes them to be tongue-tied, have difficulty breastfeeding, or have a speech impediment.
Laser dentistry has the potential to reduce the time of some surgical procedures to minutes. In many cases, this proves to be easier and less expensive for the patient.
We are here to help you answer these & more questions thoroughly.
Call Warrnambool Dental.
A smile can open doors and change lives.
(03) 5562 4433
Frequently Asked Questions
About Laser Dentistry
1. Are lasers safe?
2. What will I feel during a laser treatment?
Most patients feel nothing during laser treatments. Some patients report a slight sensation. This varies from patient to patient.
3. Am I qualified for laser treatment?
Almost all dental patients can receive the benefits of laser treatments. It is especially ideal for children.
Your Warrnambool dentist can tell you which laser treatments are best for you.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Dr Nishant Hurria
Dr Nishant Hurria is an Australian-based health professional and the principal dentist of Warrnambool Dental with a special interest in Crowns & Bridges and Dental Implants.