Scale and Clean
PROFESSIONAL DENTAL SCALE AND CLEANS BY YOUR WARRNAMBOOL DENTIST
Leading Dental Practice in Warrnambool
Warrnambool Dental is dedicated to helping you create the smile of your dreams.
Scale and Clean Warrnambool
Daily brushing and flossing are not enough to remove plaque and tartar. Only a professional scale and clean by your Warrnambool dentist can do that.
A professional dental clean is the removal of soft and hard plaque deposits and stains that cannot be removed by regular toothbrushing at home.
Be sure that you will receive the best treatment & experience.
Be assured that our Warrnambool team shall provide you with The Right Choices.
We are committed to excellence in dental care & service.
Reasons to Choose Us
Creating the Best Experience
Find Out Why Our Clients Are Smiling
For Your Convenience
Easy Parking in CBD
Dr Nishant Hurria
Smile Now, Pay Later
Start Smiling Now!
Claim From Health Funds.
Easy Setup at practice.
Smile with Full Confidence!
“Quality is never an accident; it is the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction and skilful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.”
Benefits of Scale and Clean
Enjoy brighter and shinier teeth
Over time, calculus can accumulate on your teeth. A scale and clean process removes all calculus before your teeth are polished, lifting some surface stains.
Better gum health
Calculus contains infection-causing bacteria and removing it through a scale and clean reduces your risk of gum disease.
After having your teeth cleaned at our office, you will notice your mouth feels extremely clean, and your breath smells extra fresh.
Optimum general health
Preventive care is cheaper
Over time, it’s cheaper to prevent dental diseases than treating it0 and attending regular hygiene appointments can reduce your bills.
You might need a scale and clean if you
- have plaque or calculus build-up on your teeth that can’t be removed by daily toothbrushing and flossing
- want to take preventive actions to take care of your teeth
- have teeth stained from smoking and using tobacco products
- have teeth stained from drinking coffee, tea or red wine
- have TMJ pain
Professional Scale and Clean Procedure
At Warrnambool Dental, you will get a custom scale and clean that is usually done within an hour.
The procedure includes the following:
- Before starting the scale and clean, your Warrnambool dentist will complete a quick dental check-up to make sure that you don’t have any serious dental problems.
- After the dental check-up, an ultrasonic cleaning equipment will be used to access the pockets and areas below the gumline to remove plaque deposits. Note that the equipment can reach and clean all that are hard to reach for your toothbrush.
- We will clean the upper jaw – front and back – then move to the lower jaw to complete the process. This approach makes sure that no areas are left without scaling and cleaning.
- You will also get a fluoride treatment, a gum check-up along with the scaling and cleaning process.
- You can also choose a root planing treatment along with scaling so your gums can be reattached to your teeth.
During the root planing process, your tooth surfaces will be smoothed by dentists that allow the gum tissue to heal itself and reattach to your teeth.
Your dentist may advise you to undergo a special dental routine to ensure quick healing.
Root planing may require an additional visit to our clinic and need to administer a local anaesthetic to numb the area.
We are here to help you answer these & more questions thoroughly.
Call Warrnambool Dental.
A smile can open doors and change lives.
(03) 5562 4433
Frequently Asked Questions
About Scale & Clean
1. How often should I go to my dentist for a professional scale and clean?
A professional dental scale and clean and polish once or twice a year will help prevent gum disease, which initially starts as gingivitis.
2. How are dental cleanings performed?
The dentist uses special tools to gently remove plaque without harming the teeth.
3. Is it going to be painful?
Most people find that scale and cleans painless, and find the sensations not causing any discomfort.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Dr Nishant Hurria
Dr Nishant Hurria is an Australian-based health professional and the principal dentist of Warrnambool Dental with a special interest in Crowns & Bridges and Dental Implants.