Scale and Clean
PROFESSIONAL DENTAL SCALE AND CLEANS BY YOUR WARRNAMBOOL DENTIST
Scale and Clean Warrnambool
Daily brushing and flossing are not enough to remove plaque and tartar. Only a professional scale and clean by your Warrnambool dentist can do that.
A professional dental clean is the removal of soft and hard plaque deposits and stains that cannot be removed by regular toothbrushing at home.
Benefits of Scale and Clean
Enjoy brighter and shinier teeth. Over time, calculus can accumulate on your teeth. A scale and clean process removes all calculus before your teeth are polished, lifting some surface stains.
Better gum health. Calculus contains infection-causing bacteria and removing it through a scale and clean reduces your risk of gum disease.
Fresher breath. After having your teeth cleaned at our office, you will notice your mouth feels extremely clean, and your breath smells extra fresh.
Optimum general health. Gum disease has been associated with several serious health conditions, such as diabetes, heart disease and even dementia and certain cancers. A scale and clean is an effective way to reduce your risk.
Preventive care is cheaper. Over time, it’s cheaper to prevent dental diseases than treating it0 and attending regular hygiene appointments can reduce your bills.
You might need a scale and clean if you…
- have plaque or calculus build-up on your teeth that can’t be removed by daily toothbrushing and flossing
- want to take preventive actions to take care of your teeth
- have teeth stained from smoking and using tobacco products
- have teeth stained from drinking coffee, tea or red wine
- have TMJ pain
Professional Scale and Clean Procedure
At Warrnambool Dental, you will get a custom scale and clean that is usually done within an hour.
The procedure includes the following:
- Before starting the scale and clean, your Warrnambool dentist will complete a quick dental check-up to make sure that you don’t have any serious dental problems.
- After the dental check-up, an ultrasonic cleaning equipment will be used to access the pockets and areas below the gumline to remove plaque deposits. Note that the equipment can reach and clean all that are hard to reach for your toothbrush.
- We will clean the upper jaw – front and back – then move to the lower jaw to complete the process. This approach makes sure that no areas are left without scaling and cleaning.
- You will also get a fluoride treatment, a gum check-up along with the scaling and cleaning process.
- You can also choose a root planing treatment along with scaling so your gums can be reattached to your teeth.
During the root planing process, your tooth surfaces will be smoothed by dentists that allow the gum tissue to heal itself and reattach to your teeth.
Your dentist may advise you to undergo a special dental routine to ensure quick healing.
Root planing may require an additional visit to our clinic and need to administer a local anaesthetic to numb the area.
Scale and Clean in Warrnambool
Keep your teeth clean and cavity-free with a professional scale and clean from your Warrnambool dentist.
Book an appointment today!
Scale and Clean in Warrnambool
Call us on (03) 5562 4433 or visit us at 454A Raglan Parade in Warrnambool.
Listed below are the most commonly asked questions we receive from our patients.
Your Title Goes Here
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.