A BRIGHTER SMILE WITH PORCELAIN VENEERS
Porcelain Veneers Warrnambool
If your teeth are stained, chipped or misaligned, veneers may be an option for you.
Veneers are recommended to close small gaps or treat minor crowding when braces and bonding are not favoured or favourable.
Porcelain veneers can be placed right over your existing teeth and look identical to natural teeth in terms of colour, structure, and appearance.
They are a quick-and-simple way to correct your teeth and give you the perfect smile you’re looking for.
Qualified Candidates for Porcelain Veneers
Patients who are considering porcelain veneers to enhance their smile are typically looking to address structural or cosmetic issues with their teeth, such as:
- Chipped teeth
- Cracked teeth
- Gapped teeth
- Minor misalignment
To have porcelain veneers placed, patients should:
- Have good periodontal and overall oral wellness
- Be committed to proper oral care and hygiene
- Have particular cosmetic goals, which they can inform their dentists at their initial check-ups, as well as realistic expectations
- Have a sufficient amount of healthy enamel, as dentists usually remove a thin layer of enamel before putting veneers on
Benefits of Using Porcelain Material
Usually, veneers can be made from composite resin or porcelain material. While composite resin costs less, it is also more vulnerable to damage and discolouration. All of our veneers are made of porcelain.
This material is much more durable compared to composite resin. Porcelain veneers are also stain-resistant, even more so than your natural tooth enamel. In addition, porcelain matches the enamel of your teeth perfectly.
It can be colour-matched and finished to look like your natural teeth, and the material mimics the way in which enamel reflects light.
There are many other benefits of porcelain veneers, including:
- The material is biocompatible, meaning that it will get along well with your teeth and will not irritate your gums.
- When cared for properly, porcelain veneers can last up to 15 years or more.
- Because the material perfectly matches with the rest of your natural teeth, restoring your smile, your confidence will greatly increase.
The Porcelain Veneers Procedure
Porcelain veneers are ideal in cases of teeth damage and other imperfections. The dentist will remove some of your teeth’s surface to prepare their shape while you are under local anaesthesia. You will not feel any pain.
A thin layer of porcelain is then cemented over your existing teeth to change their shape, size, or colour. Your porcelain veneers are customisable and will be selected just for you. The expected lifespan of porcelain veneers is about 15 years (or more!).
Porcelain Veneers in Warrnambool
If you are interested in how porcelain veneers can improve your smile, consult with your trusted Warrnambool dentist.
Book your appointment online and visit us today!
Call us on (03) 5562 4433 or visit us at 454A Raglan Parade in Warrnambool.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What are porcelain veneers?
Does the process of getting veneers hurt?
How can porcelain veneers improve my smile?
- Repair minor imperfections and defects
- Cover stained or discoloured fillings
- Make colour improvements to teeth that have permanent stains
- Close the spaces between teeth