FIND THE MISSING PIECE
Leading Dental Practice in Warrnambool
Warrnambool Dental is dedicated to helping you create the smile of your dreams.
Missing Teeth Warrnambool
Have all or any of your natural teeth been lost?
Thanks to improvements in modern dentistry, bridges, dentures, and flexible dentures are no longer the only options.
Small metal screws are used in dental implants inserted into the jaw to support crowns, bridges, and dentures.
Be sure that you will receive the best treatment & experience.
Be assured that our Warrnambool team shall provide you with The Right Choices.
We are committed to excellence in dental care & service.
Reasons to Choose Us
Creating the Best Experience
Find Out Why Our Clients Are Smiling
For Your Convenience
Easy Parking in CBD
Dr Nishant Hurria
Smile Now, Pay Later
Start Smiling Now!
Claim From Health Funds.
Easy Setup at practice.
Smile with Full Confidence!
“Quality is never an accident; it is the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction and skilful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.”
Causes of Missing Teeth
Adult teeth may never come in due to genetic abnormalities.
Hypodontia is a condition in which six or fewer adult teeth do not erupt. Oligodontia is a condition where more than six adult teeth do not grow.
Many elements of your life can be harmed by missing teeth.
The Effects of Missing Teeth
Why is replacing missing teeth so important?
There are numerous reasons why missing teeth should be addressed.
Here’s how tooth loss affects people:
- Chewing and swallowing problems
- Lowered self-confidence and attractiveness
- Bite irregularity
- Teeth shifting
- Bone loss and degradation
- Jaw structure and muscles are weakened
- Speech problems
- Increased chance of more tooth loss, cavities, or other dental issues
Missing Teeth Solution
It’s no surprise that there are choices for restoring your smile, given how important it is to take care of missing teeth and how widespread the problem is.
Dentists and endodontists provide numerous novel therapies in addition to the long-standing technique of wearing dentures (artificial teeth). There’s no reason to suffer from tooth loss.
For missing teeth, there are three main solutions that are commonly approved. These options are;
#1. Dental Implants
A lost tooth root is replaced with dental implants. They are useful as tooth substitutes due to their durability and strength.
Dental implants are a particularly promising choice when replacing a single tooth. These are permanent fake teeth that are designed to match your own.
Getting an implant is a multi-step procedure that includes the following steps:
- Treatment planning– To create a personalised treatment plan, a complete assessment of your medical and dental health, tooth fit, and bone volume will be performed.
- Surgical treatment- A minor surgical operation is performed to insert titanium fixtures into the bone. If the bone or soft tissue is insufficient, more grafting surgeries may be required before the implants can be implanted.
- Restorative treatment- New permanent teeth will be created and produced after the implant fixtures have been integrated into the bone.
In cases of extensive tooth loss, full or partial sets of false teeth, known as dentures, may be required. Wear them as needed and remove them at night.
The two types that are commonly utilised are:
- One or a few teeth are replaced with partial dentures.
- Complete dentures replace a full row of teeth on the upper or lower jaws.
Dentures require special attention, including thorough cleaning and avoidance of certain foods and beverages.
#3. Dental Bridges
A dental bridge is a third option for restoring multiple lost teeth at once. These prosthetic teeth are joined to a bracket (the bridge) bonded to supporting structures such as crowns on healthy teeth or implants.
Even though the treatment isn’t as intrusive as implant placement, dental bridges take multiple appointments.
We are here to help you answer these & more questions thoroughly.
Call Warrnambool Dental.
A smile can open doors and change lives.
(03) 5562 4433
Frequently Asked Questions
About Missing Teeth
1. Is it harmful to have a missing tooth?
There are various reasons why missing a tooth is problematic and should be addressed, including:
- Tooth loss can cause bite misalignment because teeth might migrate (malocclusion).
- It can influence your diet and cause jaw pain and other problems by impairing your ability to chew food.
- It affects one’s self-esteem and self-image, particularly if tooth loss is noticeable.
- It raises the chances of more tooth loss or other dental issues.
2. What is the most prevalent type of tooth loss?
The majority of adults have at least one missing tooth, and it becomes more prevalent as you get older. Some teeth are more likely to fall out than others.
The following are the most frequently overlooked:
- Wisdom teeth
- Incisors on the upper sides of the mouth
- Secondary premolars/bicuspids
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Dr Nishant Hurria
Dr Nishant Hurria is an Australian-based health professional and the principal dentist of Warrnambool Dental with a special interest in Crowns & Bridges and Dental Implants.