National Children’s Week at Warrnambool Dental
National Children’s Week is here!
We dedicate this event to raising awareness about healthy mouth care for children.
Parents and/or guardians are the best partners in ensuring children have healthy smiles for life.
Contribute to your child’s dental health by taking notes on healthy practices for your child’s oral health.
Tips for a Healthy Mouth
Practise proper oral hygiene and achieve a healthy mouth with these tips:
- Brush your child’s teeth at least twice daily, using small circular motions. Children’s teeth should be cleaned after eating and before bed using fluoride toothpaste suitable for children, which can help strengthen the teeth enamel and prevent decay.
- Get into a regular toothbrushing routine, and give your child plenty of praise when they brush their teeth properly.
- Replace toothbrushes or toothbrush heads every 3 months, when already worn or frayed, or when they just recovered from an illness.
- Supervise or guide children with their toothbrushing until they are at least 7 years old.
- When they begin brushing by themselves, check every few days to ensure they are doing it properly.
- Bring your child in for dental check-ups twice a year.
- Make sure your child eats a healthy, balanced diet rich in vitamins and minerals.
- Try to limit acidic and sweet foods and drinks consumption.
- As your child’s permanent teeth erupt, you should make your Warrnambool dentist aware of any teeth or jaw misalignment. We will advise if corrective treatment is required.
How Warrnambool Dental Can Help
We gave you tips to care for your child’s teeth not only for Children’s Week but also for a lifetime. However, one of the best ways to take care of your children’s teeth is to see a paediatric dentist.
It’s important to find a dentist who specialises in children’s dental care.
Paediatric dentists provide excellent oral health care for infants and children and can create a kid-friendly environment that is welcoming and fun.
Your trusted Warrnambool dentist loves caring for the oral health of our young patients and keeping them relaxed during dental visits.
Child Dental Benefits Schedule in Warrnambool
Bulk Bill for eligible children
Up to $1,026 worth of dental treatments over two years
We are located at 454A Raglan Parade, Warrnambool.