The Importance of Correcting your Overbite from Warrnambool Dental
What is an Overbite?
Overbites happen when the upper teeth protrude over the lower teeth. Oftentimes, an overbite can appear to be a problem with crooked teeth when, in fact, the person’s teeth and jaws are not lining up correctly.
Overbites are easier to correct in children and teenagers since their jaws are still developing.
A lot of people don’t realise that they have an overbite, as they believe their condition is not serious enough to seek dental attention. This could also be because other cases of overbites are so minor to be noticeable.
What Happens If I Don’t Treat It?
Untreated overbites may lead to the following dental problems:
- Bottom front teeth may harm the gums above the top front teeth
- Speech impediments
- May cause jaw problems
- Unattractive smile
Overbite Correction Treatments
For Children and Teenagers
- Removal of baby teeth to make room for permanent teeth to grow in straight
- Growth modification device – helps to position the jaw
- Braces – move the teeth to correct the overbite as well as the jaw
- Retainers – a device used after braces that help to keep the teeth in place
- Braces – move the teeth to fix an overbite
- Teeth extraction – dentists try to avoid this procedure but will do this in very severe cases to allow the teeth to move
- Surgery – jaw problems for bone-type overbites can only be corrected with surgery for adults
Benefits of Treating Overbites
- Straighter teeth and better bite
- More attractive smile & improved facial appearance
- Healthier teeth and gums
Overbite must be fixed as soon as possible. It’s never too late to correct your bite and your smile.
For any bite problems or malocclusions, don’t hesitate to see your dentist immediately.
To know more about the causes and effects of overbite to your oral health, visit your Warrnambool dentist today here at Warrnambool Dental.
Our top-notch orthodontics treatments offer high-quality solutions to various factors that affect your smile and the aesthetics of your teeth.
Full Care in Warrnambool
Warrnambool Dental offers the highest calibre dental treatment in Australia. Our patients receive affordable and professional service in a comfortable, family-friendly environment.
Warrnambool Dental welcomes patients of all kinds, including pregnant or nursing women.
We provide outstanding service based on your specific dental condition, desires and expectations. We are your number one choice for dental health treatment, dental restorations, cosmetic services, and preventative expertise.
Every visit to Warrnambool Dental helps ensure long-lasting oral health and keeps you smiling for many years to come.
Same-Day Dental Emergency Appointment Available in Warrnambool
We are located 454A Raglan Parade, Warrnambool.