The Dangers of Ignoring Wisdom Teeth Pain
Wisdom teeth pain, if ignored, can lead to discomfort and complications.
Symptoms like bad breath, swollen gums, jaw pain, bleeding, difficulty chewing, and crowding other teeth are signs of an impacted wisdom tooth.
This occurs when there isn’t enough space for them to emerge, causing pressure within your mouth. Don’t delay treatment if you experience these symptoms.
What is Wisdom Teeth?
Wisdom teeth, referred to as third molars, emerge between the ages of 17 and 25.
Because of their location and size, they might be difficult to care for.
When they don’t erupt properly, they can cause problems like overcrowding and misalignment of other teeth, leading to gum disease.
Infections caused by impacted wisdom teeth might require antibiotics or surgery. It’s crucial to discuss any wisdom teeth concerns with your dentist and consider wisdom teeth removal by an oral surgeon if recommended to maintain oral health.
Consequences of Ignoring Wisdom Teeth Pain
Ignoring wisdom teeth pain can lead to various complications:
- Tooth Crowding: Wisdom teeth can overcrowd existing teeth, causing pain and infections.
- Tooth Damage: They can damage nearby teeth, leading to misalignment and cavities.
- Infection & Decay: Neglected wisdom teeth increase the risk of tooth decay and bacterial infections.
- Pain & Discomfort: Untreated wisdom teeth pain can lead to infections, dry sockets, and persistent pain.
- Gum Disease: Gum infections and tissue damage can arise from wisdom teeth problems, affecting overall oral health.
- Bone Loss: Impacted wisdom teeth can weaken tooth roots and lead to bone loss.
- Jaw Issues: Ignoring them can result in jaw pain and cyst formation.
Immediate attention to wisdom teeth pain is crucial to avoid these complications.
Solution for Wisdom Teeth Pain
In most cases, the following are the solutions for wisdom teeth pain:
- Wisdom teeth removal is often the optimal solution for addressing wisdom teeth problems, as it can effectively mitigate the risk of additional dental issues and potential infections. It is critical to seek the advice of an experienced oral surgeon to ensure a safe and successful surgery.
- When contemplating wisdom teeth removal, individuals should remain informed about potential risks or complications that could arise during or after the procedure. It’s prudent to have a comprehensive understanding of what to expect.
- Regular dental check-ups are vital to maintaining oral health and monitoring the condition of one’s wisdom teeth. Timely intervention can prevent minor issues from escalating into more severe problems. Be proactive in your dental care.
- If you are currently dealing with pain caused by wisdom teeth, scheduling an appointment with a dentist is essential.
Fast action can significantly reduce the likelihood of further damage or infections, ensuring your long-term oral well-being.
Preparing for Wisdom Teeth Removal
Understanding what to anticipate during wisdom teeth removal surgery can help ease concerns about the procedure.
It’s essential to know that while there may be some discomfort and swelling involved with wisdom teeth removal, it’s generally less daunting than one might imagine.
The procedure is normally performed under local anaesthesia with mild sedation. General anesthesia may be employed in more complex cases where one or more molars are severely impacted.
This ensures that you won’t experience any pain during the removal process.
When your wisdom teeth haven’t fully emerged, a minor incision in the gumline will be made by your oral surgeon to extract the tooth and its associated tissues carefully.
Subsequently, they will attentively seal the area using either dissolvable or removable stitches.
Depending on the number of teeth extracted and the impaction’s severity, the treatment might take anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour.
Indeed, undergoing oral surgery is not exactly an enjoyable experience. However, if your dentist has recommended the removal of your wisdom teeth, it’s advisable to take action sooner rather than later to maintain your oral health.
Wisdom Teeth Removal in Warrnambool
Just like many other oral health concerns, addressing wisdom teeth early can prevent future pain and complications.
Wisdom teeth issues are especially prone to causing a domino effect, potentially leading to far-reaching consequences and even necessitating emergency dental procedures if left untreated.
At Warrnambool Dental, our wisdom teeth removal services are designed to support your oral health and prevent dental issues.
Visit your Warrnambool dentists today!
We are located at 454A Raglan Parade, Warrnambool.